The Series “PS” valve is pilot-operated and normally closed by design. It requires line pressure and flow for operating assistance. Under the correct pressure conditions the coil, when energized (power on), creates an electromagnetic field in the top section of the core tube. This force pulls the core and pilot seat upward, opening the pilot valve. The liquid pressure above the diaphragm is then vented through the open orifice of the pilot valve to the downstream piping. At this moment, the inlet pressure under the diaphragm lifts the diaphragm and opens the main valve orifice, thereby permitting full flow through the valve. When the coil is de-energized (power off), the pilot solenoid spring (not in the wetted area) pushes the core and pilot seat downward, closing the pilot valve. This causes pressure above the diaphragm to rise to inlet pressure level, forcing the diaphragm downward against the main valve seat sealing the valve. Note - Series “PS” solenoid valves require a minimum differential pressure of 5 PSI to operate properly.
For an instructional video on these valves please click HERE.
- Normally closed, in-line design with bubble-tight shut-off
- Minimum 5 PSI differential required
- High pressure: Particularly for applications where high backpressures (up to 70 PSI) are required e.g. controlling flow spray nozzles, high pressure chemical injections, etc. Inlet pressure to 140 PSI
- High flow rates – Cv’s from 5.2 on the 1/2" size to 80 on the 3" size
- Unique Design: PTFE Bellows barrier-type dynamic seal prevents leaking of fugitive emissions to the atmosphere
- Safety/Dependability: Patented Fail-Dry® safety design feature provides advance visual warning if seal malfunctions, while permitting valves to continue operating until maintenance can be scheduled
- Tested to over 1,000,000 cycles in laboratory conditions, with water
- Versatility: Can be used with all types of solutions including acids, caustics, solvents and chlorine solutions
- Rugged thermoplastic construction is resistant to both internal and atmospheric corrosion. No metal parts in wetted areas
- Positive valve closure in the event of electrical failure
- Energy-efficient 11 watt coil
- Molded coil and standard DIN connector; designed to meet NEMA 4X
- Pipe Size: 1/2 in.
- Seals: Viton (FKM)
- Cv: 5.2
- Maximum Inlet @ 75°F (24°C): 140 PSI (9.5 Bar)
- Maximum Inlet @ 140°F (60°C): 40 PSI (2.8 Bar)
- Minimum Inlet: 5 PSI (0.4 Bar)
- Minimum Outlet @ 75°F (24°C): 70 PSI (4.8 Bar)
- Minimum Differential: 5 PSI (0.4 Bar)
- Coil Insulation Class: F
- Coil Surface Temperature: 185°F (85°C)
- Max. Allowable Ambient Temperature: 104°F (40°C)
- VA Inrush: 66
- VA Holding: 24
* Ratings are for PVC. For other materials consult factory.