The Series L10 Flotect® Mini-Size Float Switches combine low cost with top quality materials and construction for great value and years of reliable liquid level control. Wide media compatibility is assured with a choice of brass or stainless steel bodies and external tees; polypropylene or SS floats. Two basic configurations are offered; with 1" NPT male threads for direct side mounting through a half coupling or with factory installed tee for external mounting. All Series L10 controls feature a hermetically sealed, magnetically actuated SPST reed switch which is encapsulated in a polypropylene housing. Units are quickly and easily adjusted for your choice of normally open or normally closed operation thanks to a unique design. Just loosen two screws and instantly slide the switch assembly to the action required. N.O. and N.C. markings are clearly visible. This feature also speeds switch replacement if damage occurs. Three types of floats are offered to accommodate liquids with specific gravities as low as 0.9; maximum pressures to 2000 PSI (137.8 bar). Wire leads are 22 AWG X 18" (460 mm) and exit the switch assembly through 1/8" male NPT threads. These controls are UL recognized and CSA listed. Applications: Direct Pump Control for Maintaining Level, Level Control, Automatic Tack Dump Operations, Valve Control.
- Hermetically sealed, magnetically actuated SPST reed switch which is encapsulated in a polypropylene housing
- Simple field switch adjustment allows user to toggle between normally open (NO) or normally closed (NC) with no change in the electrical connection
- Switch is easily replaced without affecting process installation for quick and low cost maintenance
- Combines low cost with top quality materials and construction for great value and years of reliable liquid level control.
- Service: Compatible liquids.
- Wetted Materials: Float: Solid polypropylene or 304 SS; Body: Brass or 303 SS
- Magnet: Ceramic; External float chamber (tee): None, brass, or 304 SS
- Other: Lever arm, pin, spring, etc.: 301 SS, 302 SS, 316 SS.
- Temperature Limit: 200°F (93°C).
- Pressure Limit: 200 PSI
- Enclosure Rating: Weatherproof, meets NEMA 4X (IP66).
- Switch Type: SPST hermetically sealed reed switch.
- Field adjustable for NO or NC.
- Electrical Rating: 1.5 A @ 24 VDC resistive, 0.001 A @ 200 VDC resistive, 0.5 A @ 120 VAC.
- Electrical Connection: 18 AWG, 19" (483 mm) long, PVC jacket.
- Rated 221°F (105°C).
- Process Connection: 1" male NPT standard on models without external float chamber. 1" female NPT on models with external float chamber.
- Mounting Orientation: Horizontal with index arrow pointing down.
- Specific Gravity: See chart on Catalog page.
- Switch Enclosure: Nylon.
- Weight: Approximately 10 oz (0.283 kg) without external float chamber, 2.32 lb (1.05 kg) with external float chamber.
- Agency Approvals: CSA, UR.
Product Manual (PDF Download)